Over the Air Download (OTAD)
System software update (SSU) services for manufacturers and distributors
Levira OTAD service is designed for Set-top-box (STB) and for intigrated digital television set (iDTV) manufacturers who want to either correct software or provide a new features to receivers.
The OTAD service in short means that the new system software is broadcasted to the digital television receivers via Levira’s DVB-T network and the trouble of taking the receiver back to the store can be avoided. This saves the resources of both the consumer and the receiver manufacturer.
For each software update an Interoperability Test (IOT) shall be made by Levira. The purpose of the IOT is to verify the operation of the OTAD in the DVB-T network.
Levira does not test the different features of the new software but only that receiver accepts the SSU and the signaling of the software is according to standards.
The manufacturer or distributor of the receiver is always solely responsible for deciding what kind of new features the new software includes of – or what it repaires.
Process and conditions:
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for receiving documentation of service and we will make you an offer for an update period that meets your needs
- Fill in the received Service Information Form and return via e-mail: email@example.com or fax it to Levira: +372 680 4001
- Deliver the Transport Stream file which includes new SSU to Levira by e-mail or FTP
- Levira will carry out IOT, that will verify the operation of the OTAD in the network
- Levira will broadcast the software update in the first national multiplex at an agreed period of time. After the agreed service period ends, the update is removed from broadcast.
- The time of delivery is 15 working days
- Levira charges the service in advance
The time of delivery begins from when Levira has received:
- Receipt of the payment
- The Transport Stream file
- Service Information Form filled with all necessary information
- Sample of receiver
Levira can deliver the customer’s information on homepage: www.levira.ee
For additional information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org